Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Godfather's Pizza

This is a recipe that my Mom made when I was growing up - and one of Jordan's favorite meals so I thought I would share! I made my own dough - but you can always use the dough out of the can or - I have also used the frozen bread dough in the freezer section of the grocery - just let it rise and it is ready to go.

Dough: (In my bread machine)
1 1/2 cups of beer (you can use water if no beer)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp shortening
4 1/2 cups Bread Flour
2 tsp yeast
1 tsp Italian dried herbs
I placed everything in my bread machine and selected the dough/pasta setting.
It took my machine about 2 hours. Next I divided the dough into 2 portions (I froze the 1/2 I didn't use) and placed the other half in a greased bowl - covered it with a damp towel.
Wait for the dough to double in size - then it will be ready to shape.

Godfather's Pizza
Ingredients:
Sausage
Pepperonis
Mushrooms
Onions
Garlic
Mozzarella cheese
Black olives
*I don't measure anything... sorry!*

Instructions:
Brown sausage with the onions and garlic - then add the mushrooms, black olives, and pepperonis
After sausage is cooked through - add the mozzarella cheese until it is gooey
Add this mixture to the dough - I shaped my dough into a rectangle and put the meat mixture onto 1/2 of the dough (leave enough room to place the remaining dough over top of the meat mixture)
Seal all the edged by folding the dough over and pinching the edges together - Yikes I really need new cookie sheets!
Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes
We use marinara sauce for dipping since there is no sauce inside - Enjoy!
Breadman TR2200C Ultimate Bread MachineThis is the bread machine I own - and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment