Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Fantasy Fudge

For the past 7 years at Christmas time I have made Fudge and other goodies for family, friends, and all of my husband's employees (He manages a restaurant - so there are a lot of them!) Usually around October I get people starting to ask about my fudge! This fudge I make in the microwave and is SO easy! I thought I would share this super simple fudge recipe that my mom gave to me.

1 1/2 sticks butter (melted)
3 cups sugar
5 oz evaporated milk
1 jar marshmallow cream
1 pkg semi sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla (sorry not in the picture)
1 cup nuts (I use walnuts)
A large microwave safe bowl


Step 1:
Microwave butter for 1 minute (or until melted)

 

Step 2:
Add sugar and evaporated milk and mix well. Microwave for 3 minutes and stir then microwave for another 2 minutes and stir - be sure to scrap down the sides well.


Step 3:
Microwave for 3 minutes and stir. Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes and then let it sit in the microwave for 2 minutes. 

 (Note: The next few steps need to go pretty fast or the fudge will not set up right.)

Step 4:
Take out of microwave and add chocolate chips and stir until melted. 
 

 

Step 5: 
Add marshmallow cream, vanilla, and nuts and stir until well combined


Step 6:
Pour into a greased or foil lined 9X13 pan and let cool at room temperature
(This year I lined my pan with foil let set and pulled the whole thing out and cut the fudge into bars - it made the edges of my fudge a lot nicer and cut down on my dishes!)






Cut into small squares and enjoy yourself or share with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment